Number Of Books You Read: 18
Number of Re-Reads: 0
Genre You Read The Most From: Young Adult Contemporary
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I didn't read nearly enough books, but this is still so hard! I think my favorites were THIS ADVENTURE ENDS by Emma Mills and SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
As hard as this is to admit, JUST ONE DAY by Gayle Forman. Something about it didn't sit right with me.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard. This book kept me guessing constantly.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
I'm not sure I was a good book-pusher this year. I'll have to work on that!
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Best Series Started: Splintered by A.G. Howard or Brooklyn Brujas by Zoraida Cordova
Best Sequel: CROWN OF MIDNIGHT by Sarah J. Maas
Best Series Ender: I didn't read any series enders.
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
I'm not sure if it counts as discovering...
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
MY ROGUE, MY RUIN by Amalie Howard and Angie Morgan. I haven't read historical romance in a while.
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
RED QUEEN by Victoria Aveyard.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
I'm not sure I'll reread any other that the one I'm currently reading--THE BEAST by J.R. Ward.
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
THIS ADVENTURE ENDS by Emma Mills.
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Sloane from THIS ADVENTURE ENDS. It was like reading myself on the page.
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD by Siobhan Vivian. This book tugged at my heart a lot.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD by Siobhan Vivian. It made me reflect on friendships a lot.
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
Is "almost all of them" an acceptable answer?
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
From THE SERPENT KING: "If there was a way I could explode with beautiful heat and light, like a firecracker, that's what I'd want I want people to talk about me and remember me when I'm gone. I want to carve my name in the world."
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2016?
A SEASON FOR FIREFLIES by Rebecca Maizel and THE UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING by Morgan Matson.
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
I'm not sure, honestly.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)
Celeana and Chaol. I do love Chaol.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Sloane and her friends in THIS ADVENTURE ENDS.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
DEFENDING TAYLOR by Miranda Kenneally.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
I don't think anything falls under this.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
My fictional crushes are still claimed from boys in books from previous years.
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
THE INFINITY OF YOU & ME by J.Q. Coyle.
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
A tie between LABYRINTH LOST by Zoraida Cordova and SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
THE UNEXPECTED EVERYTHING by Morgan Matson. 26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD by Siobhan Vivian.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
My Magic 8 ball says "Ask Again Later."
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
THE INFINITY OF YOU & ME by J.Q. Coyle.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
THE SERPENT KING by Jeff Zentner.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
I should have an answer for this...next year!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
My review of THE LAST BOY AND GIRL IN THE WORLD here. It was the first one for my return to blogging.
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
My post reflecting current events in society here.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I only made it to Siobhan Vivian's signing, but it was great to start meeting Utah bloggers!
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
Returning to blogging after a long hiatus.
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
Definitely trying to get back on top of trends, release lists, and everything else that goes with blogging.
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
I'm not sure--I'm still rebuilding a following.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
All of my reviews, honestly. I need to work on that for next year.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
Bookstagram. I am slowly learning the ropes there as well.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I hadn't set any goals, but I did start blogging again, so that is a success!
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2016 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
All of them. That counts, right?
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
ROSEBLOOD by A.G. Howard. I LOVE Phantom of the Opera. I'm glad I don't have long to wait!
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
I didn't start many series, but I am looking forward to finishing some from long ago!
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Actually blog consistently with quality content. Keep up with social media. Maybe even make it to ALA again.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
I haven't read any yet. The shame! However, I just got Netgally approval for COMING UP FOR AIR by Miranda Kenneally and I can't wait to read that one!
Post a Comment