Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there will be a new topic and a new list to make. Be sure to stop by the host blog to see all of the other blogs participating!
Top Ten Books I'd Recommend To Someone Who Doesn't Read X
Since this is a mostly-YA blog, my list is all about YA books.
*Disclaimer - I think Harry Potter, Hunger Games, and Twilight should be on this list. I'm omitting them only because I think most people have read them whether they read YA or not.*
1. Nightshade Trilogy by Andrea Cremer - This is one of my favorite YA trilogies. The story is very inventive and the writing is excellent.
2. Firelight and Vanish by Sophie Jordan - Love these books! Plus they're about dragons.
3. Delirium by Lauren Oliver - A different kind of dystopian novel with beautiful writing.
4. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - I say this even though I haven't read all the books that are out. The world and characters are just so memorable.
5. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - This book is amazing. Really, there aren't words.
6. Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic - This book really makes you think about life.
7. Anna and the French Kiss and Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - These books are the perfect romantic comedies. I fell in love with the settings, the characters, and the love stories.
8. Blood Red Road by Moira Young - Written unlike any other book, the primitive language draws you in but the story keeps you turning pages.
9. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton - One of the best angel books I've read. I love the action, the folklore, and Will.
10. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - One of the most well-crafted mysteries I've read. This book was impossible to put down.
What made your Top Ten list? Please leave a comment or link to your blog!