ALL THESE LIVES
By: Sarah Wylie
Goodreads Summary: Sixteen-year-old Dani is convinced she has nine lives. As a child she twice walked away from situations where she should have died. But Dani’s twin, Jena, isn’t so lucky. She has cancer and might not even be able to keep her one life. Dani’s father is in denial. Her mother is trying to hold it together and prove everything’s normal. And Jena is wasting away. To cope, Dani sets out to rid herself of all her extra lives. Maybe they’ll be released into the universe and someone who wants to live more than she does will get one. Someone like Jena. But just when Dani finds herself at the breaking point, she’s faced with a startling realization. Maybe she doesn’t have nine lives after all. Maybe she really only ever had one.
If the previous tour stops haven't convinced you to read All These Lives, hopefully this one will! Without further ado, here are nine reasons to love All These Lives:
1) Dani's Voice: With her sass and snark that she uses as a defense, Dani is a memorable character that stands out among YA narrators.
2) Jena: Dani always says that Jena is stronger, and Jena does possess a quiet strength. She tries to make the best of the situation.
3) Dani and Jena's Relationship: Even though at first it seems like there is distance between them, gradually their devotion and love for each other shine through. There are a few moments where they are able to relive old times that are beautiful.
4) Jack: Despite Dani's teasing, Jack never stopped trying to be a true friend.
5) Dani's Parents: Both her mom and dad were present throughout the novel, something rare in most YA books. Despite Jena's illness, they tried to make sure Dani was never forgotten.
6) The Family Camping Trip: It was so nice to see the entire family interacting without the stress and strain that they normally dealt with. In addition, they met unexpected friends...
7) Dani's Nine Lives: This gave a fresh and unique twist to the story and helped to drive Dani's actions.
8) Expectations Defied: This may seem like a cancer story, but it has so much more. Cancer is only one element, as is romance. Instead the book is full of emotions and the relationships between people.
9) The Message: What Dani eventually comes to realize is a good, meaningful reminder of the importance to make the most of every moment.
There are several great prizes up for grabs, including:
~1 SIGNED copy of ALL THESE LIVES
~3 ALL THESE LIVES bookmarks
~Your choice of ANY 3 Apocalypsies books
The giveaway will end at 11:00 p.m. EST on June 8, 2012. To enter, all you need to do is fill out the form on Sarah Wylie's blog.
Missed any of the stops on the tour? Find a complete list here.
Post a Comment