Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there will be a new topic and a new list to make. Be sure to stop by the host blog to see all of the other blogs participating!
Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little
**Disclaimer: Some of these books did put my heart back together after breaking it. Some did not.
1. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma - I can't think of any book that broke my heart any more than this one. It still breaks my heart just thinking about it.
2. Eclipse - Yes, I know, but how things ended for Jacob? I'm Team Edward but I was still crying.
3. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - I'm pretty sure we all know why...
4. Never Eighteen by Megan Bostic - Oh, Austin and Kaylee. The things they went through...
5. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks - All I have to say is that the book does not match the movie. I think I cried for everyone in this book.
6. Lover Eternal, Lover Awakened, and Lover Enshrined from the Black Dagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward - The things these Rhage, Zsadist, and Phury went through...I suppose I should include V in this list too.
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I'm sure everyone can understand this one.
8. Dawn Rochelle novels by Lurlene McDaniel - Anything involving cancer can't possibly end well.
9. Wizard's First Rule, Faith of the Fallen, and Phantom by Terry Goodkind - These are rather long, so only portions of them broke my heart, but still. I was completely heartbroken in those moments.
10. Phantom by Susan Kay - My heart always broke for Erik in The Phantom of the Opera...and it's so much worse here.
What made your Top Ten list? Please leave a comment or link to your blog!
I have a Nicholas Sparks on my list too... :)ReplyDelete
My Tuesday Memes post
Great list! Totally agree on Dear john T.TReplyDelete
Drop by my Top 10?
I would definitely say almost any of the Twilight series could make it. Great picks.ReplyDelete
Great list! I tend to avoid books that make me cry, so Dear John was the first and last Nicholas Sparks for me. (Yes, I'm wimpy.)ReplyDelete
My TTT at KrazyBookLady
great list, we share some choices!ReplyDelete
Aw, Faith of the Fallen was my favorite Sword of Truth book! Great list!ReplyDelete
My top ten
Eclipse broke my heart. I'm not a huge twilight fan, but I was team Jacob while reading. So yeah, i hear you. :)ReplyDelete
I came close to listing those two HP books but ended up going in another direction instead. Great list!ReplyDelete
Forbidden is one of those books I would like to read, but I'm just nervous about doing so. One of these days when I'd like a good cry maybe. :) And I know what you mean with To Kill a Mockingbird.ReplyDelete