Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there will be a new topic and a new list to make. Be sure to stop by the host blog to see all of the other blogs participating!
Top Ten Childhood Faves
1. The Chimney Witches by Victoria Whitehead - I guess even as a child I loved paranormal books. I'm not sure what it was that made me love this book so much, but I checked it out from the library several times a year. A few years ago, I finally found a copy on Amazon and purchased it. There's just something about the books you loved as a child that makes you have to have them.
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery - There is so much to love about this book. And I always wanted a friend like Anne.
3. The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams - I don't think it's possible to not love this book.
4. The Boxcar Children by Gertrude Chandler Warner - I remember waking up early on Saturday mornings, getting all of my books stacked in order, and seeing how many I could read before my parents discovered that I was awake. I loved getting lost in these stories.
5. Nancy Drew Books by Carolyn Keene - I liked some books in this series more than others, but I always enjoyed the adventures of Nancy and her friends.
6. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle - I was always fascinated by this story. I know that I read this book and its sequels multiple times.
7. Little House on the Prairie by Laura Ingalls Wilder - I've lost track of how many times I read these books. I was so curious about what it would have been like to live in a different time.
8. Heidi by Joanna Spyri - I guess my love for books in foreign settings goes all the way back to childhood. I could lose myself for hours with Heidi and her goats.
9. Island of the Blue Dolphins by Scott O'Dell - I used to love dolphins, and I think the fact that 'dolphins' was in the title made me love the book. Even so, it's a wonderful story and one that I reread many times.
10. The Babysitter's Club - I still remember the first book I read from this series - Mallory and the Trouble with Twins. I wanted to be just like these girls when I grew up. That didn't quite happen, but the books were great!
What made your Top Ten list? Please leave a comment or link to your blog!
Oooh, I loved Island of the Blue Dolphins! I can't believe I forgot to put that one on my list. I want to reread that one someday.ReplyDelete
It's great to see Anne of Green Gables has made it on to so many lists. I can't believe I forgot to add The Babysitters Club to mine. I loved that series when I was younger.ReplyDelete
I've got Little House on the Prairie and The Velveteen Rabbit on my list too. Brings back good memories.ReplyDelete
Going through everyone's post I can't believe all the great books I forgot about. I loved A Wrinkle in Time. Here's my listReplyDelete
Loved Nancy DrewReplyDelete
Amy @ www.bookgoonie.com
Excellent choices - we have one in common!ReplyDelete
Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)
Ah, The Velveteen Rabbit! I completely forgot to out this book on my list. But it should be there! Great choice.ReplyDelete
Ohhh! Forgot about he Velveteen Rabbit! 10 just isn't enough to list my favorites!ReplyDelete
My Top Ten
Heidi is another book I forgot about, but I did love when I was kid. Great list :)ReplyDelete
I always loved Mallory & the Trouble with Twins because it had makeovers involved. haha. Great list!ReplyDelete
We have a few of the same books on our lists. I completely forgot about Island of the Blue Dolphins, I really enjoyed that book when I was a kid.ReplyDelete
If I could have continued my list I would have also included A Wrinkle in Time and Island of the Blue Dolphin. I loved those books! Here are the books that made the cut http://wp.me/pzUn5-GYReplyDelete
We read A Wrinkle In Time in the 4th grade. Still a classic!ReplyDelete